How To Sign Up and Buy Washington Workers Compensation Insurance:

We do not sell insurance. On this page we will show you how to contact the Washington State Fund to secure workers compensation. You must contact the Washington State Fund to Secure Coverage. Contact information is provided below.

The State of Washington is one of the remaining four monopolistic states. If you are an employer in Washington and must secure workers compensation insurance coverage you will only be able to do so through the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. Workers compensation coverage in Washington is only provided through this State Fund and cannot be purchased through any private insurance company. To sign up for workers compensation insurance in Washington you will need to complete and submit an application for coverage directly to Washington Labor & Industries. Here’s some information on how to get that done. We are providing this basic information to help you get in touch with the Washington Labor and Industries. Washington Department of Labor and Industries

Information You Need to Know About Washington State:

It’s not especially clear when searching how to buy workers compensation in Washington State exactly how that process is accomplished. The process of signing up for workers compensation is included with the business licensing process in Washington. So the application for workers compensation actually begins by completing the “Master Business Application.” You can file a Master Business Application online or you can print the application, complete and submit it the old fashion way. When completing the application online be sure to refer to L&I’s section titled “not recommended for some businesses.” It’s there where they list out certain types of business operations that cannot submit an application online but must submit a paper application. When completing the application you also must check the box titled “industrial insurance” and complete the “employment” section. This is how they know you need workers compensation, otherwise known as industrial insurance. If you have chosen or must complete the paper application, you can submit the completed application to any Washington business licensing office.

If you need workers compensation coverage in the State of Washington we strongly suggest that you make a phone call to the state authority and have a conversation with them as to how best to accomplish getting coverage in place.

Completing An Application for Washington State Workers Compensation Insurance:

If you need help of any kind while completing an application for Washington or making your submission for coverage make sure you contact the L&I. You can use the links here to contact them or just make a phone call. They are very helpful in guiding you through applying for coverage and will help you make sure your application is complete. So just call them if you need any kind of help. For specific questions about Washington Industrial Insurance you can call them at:
Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I)
Phone: 360-902-4817

How to Contact the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I):

Like other monopolistic states, Workforce Safety and Insuranct has a very active website. They are very helpful to all employers who need to sign up and secure workers compensation insurance in North Dakota. You’ll find they can help you through the application process and make sure you’re doing everything right. You can contact them here:

Washington State Department of Labor and Industries
P.O. Box 44000
Olympia, WA 98504-4000
Phone: 360-902-5800 Fax: 360-902-5798

Important Information:

Workers compensation insurance for the State of Washington is can only be provided through the Washington Department of Labor and Industries.

REMEMBER! We do not sell insurance or advise on coverage issues or provide help of any kind in the purchase of insurance. Information on this page is provided only as a reference. While we strive to maintain accurate information on our site please realize workers compensation laws and state rules are complicated and subject to change at any time. If you need help securing workers compensation or any other insurance please consult your states governing authority or seek out a professional insurance agent or broker licensed to do business within your state.

Contact Us:
Voice: (573) 489-8323
Fax: (573) 447-4998
email: [email protected]