I recently had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with an associate, in an airport, while we both waited for our respective flights home. This guy is a very successful insurance agent with a great working knowledge of workers compensation. We naturally started to talk about our respective work and he asked this question, “I don’t understand, why would an insurance agent use your service?”
His question made me pause and think, so I answered him with a short list. I thought you might like to see my answer so below is a the list of reasons I gave.
- Our firm works on a fee for service basis.
- We don’t get paid a commission for what we do.
- We act as a value added service for agents by providing access for their clients to our consulting team.
- We provide an independent, professional perspective of any workers comp issue having to do with premium generation.
- We bring a higher level of expertise to an agent experiencing a problem with one of their clients workers compensation program.
- We are able to work with the agent and their client to make long range improvements in their work comp program ultimately reducing the clients premium cost.
- We provide a variety of specialized services including classification code reviews, audit reviews, claim reviews, and experience rating or EMR reviews.
- We provide expert witness and litigation support for attorneys, agents and their clients caught up in complicated premium generation issues.
- We call on our many years experience to assist agents solve their clients dispute issues with their insurance carrier.
- An agent may not need the type of service we provide on a daily basis, but when they do, we’re there to help.
- By using our services the agent brings an independent, professional look at their clients problem.
- Agents are busy people! While most agents have a good understanding of workers compensation and how it works, many do not have the time to gain a deeper understanding of the classification system, experience rating details and nuances of the audit process. And that’s where we come in, to provide those additional services that an agent may need to help their client.
That’s exactly how we help agents and their clients.
When an agent is faced with having to take their client through a dispute or through a workers compensation appeal process, it takes time to research the problem, develop a strategy and work the problem through the process. Let alone, you have to know how the process works.
Most agents have very little experience at handling the details of appeals and disputes because they just don’t have that many situations that arise. However we’ve found, over the years, that insurance agents do develop a great working relationship with their clients and when a complicated problem arises, they’re usually the first ones that seek outside help and give us a call!
And that’s why insurance agents seek us out for help!
Hope this somehow helps you out and thanks for reading!